Monday, June 9, 2008

Coupon Nazis

We've all seen them. They make us feel like thieves for using coupons. You know who I'm talking about! I ran into one of my own yesterday. It wasn't the cashier. It was the manager who happened to be bagging my groceries. It made for a very uncomfortable scene when my coupons beeped at the register. I think we all dread that sound, don't we? He decided to take it upon himself to lecture the cashier about checking to be sure the appropriate items were purchased. (They all were.) And then told her that someone in the store wasn't taking coupons properly. Like this was MY fault?

So, tell me. How do you deal with Coupon Nazis?

4 comments:

Ed said...

I politely smile, obtain the manager on duty's name and print out a slightly altered form letter as to how they've lost a frequent customer because of their poor customer service skills. I then sign it and mail it to their corporate office or district manager.

I work at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I frequently have customers come in with five or six expired competitor coupons and either try to sneak around pathetically or act like I'm going to flip out on them.

There's no excuse. It's poor customer service to be a tool about coupons. They're printed for a reason, to be used.

Furthermore it's poor management skills to talk to an employee about internal practices in front of customers.

Frodi said...

I met my own Coupon Nazi at Wal-mart Sunday, also a Manager. Fortunately he didn't try to give me too much of a hard time.

I have been fortunate that I haven't run into too many problems over the years. But I generally don't shop at stores that have given my hard times.

Lana said...

Ed, I totally agree with you. I felt the manager acted extremely unprofessionally! It's a store I shop at most frequently, though, so I'm a little hesitant to make a huge stink.

Lana said...

Debbie -- through the years, I've had MORE problems at Walmart than anyplace else. I don't know if they don't train their cashiers correctly or what, but it seems I've had more battles there and it kept me from going there for a LONG time.

About Us | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2008 BargainHuntingMoms.com and GroceryCouponGuru.com