Thursday, June 26, 2008

I love shopping trips like these!

With the price of gas, I find myself thinking twice--or maybe three times--before getting in the car to go anywhere. I've been trying to combine my errands and not make extra trips if I don't need to. Today, I needed to go to Walmart, so I thought I would combine some other stops along the way. It made for a long day, but I sure had fun!

First, I stopped at Petsmart to pick up some puppy toys. No coupons, but his favorite ball had been destroyed, so we needed another. I restrained myself and only spent $10 there.

Then it was off to Bath and Body Works. I had two coupons for free lip products with any purchase(print your own here.) They were nice enough to let me use both on separate purchases. I bought 2 lotions and got my free lip balms for under $5! They're having their huge semi annual sale right now, so now is definitely the time to go! My lip balms were originally $7.50 each and the lotions were 75% off, so I think that was a deal!

Then I hit Fashion Bug. I had a $10 off any $10 or more purchase coupon. Sorry, I can't point you to a printable, but if you sign up for their mailing list, they might send them to you. They had racks up on racks of clearance that was an extra 20% off! I was going to just pick up one shirt, but then I realized it wasn't quite $10, so I wound up getting two shirts(yes, both were pink!) for $7 with tax.

After that, I hit Walmart where I used coupons from the Sunday paper for free Old Spice body wash. I picked up the sample size for .97 and the coupon was $1 off any. I also got 2 free bars of Johnson's Buddies soap using this coupon. I had a few miscellaneous coupons as well, but I won't tell my total here since I bought a lot of stuff I shouldn't have. My goal was to just use my coupons, but that didn't happen today.

All in all, it was a fun trip. I like free stuff!

0 comments:

About Us | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2008 BargainHuntingMoms.com and GroceryCouponGuru.com